Service/Repair Technician - Level 1
Positions available in Houston, Southlake, and McAllen
Job Title: Service/Repair Technician – Level 1
Department: Service Center
WDS is interviewing candidates with mechanical and electronic aptitude to diagnose, calibrate and repair construction lasers, automatic levels and associated accessories used in survey, construction and geospatial industries. On-the-job training will be provided with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for proper diagnostic and repair of equipment.
- Clean and maintain the integrity of Customer’s equipment while in WDS possession.
- Ensure Turnaround times meet and or exceed company standards.
- Continuously maintain technical updates and knowledge base via vendor seminars, manufacturers training, and all other related sources.
- Maintain open communication with Service Coordinator in regards to repair statuses, repair delays, and changes in delivery/pick up requirements of equipment in for service.
- Responsible for processing all warranty paperwork in a timely manner, ensuring Service Coordinator is kept up to date with status of warranty claims.
- Maintain a clean, responsible, safe work environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using PC’s including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.